I had a strange episode the other night.
I woke up and thought I had had a stroke. My legs were like jelly, my arms had no strength, and movement was very slow motion. My brain was functioning quite well, although I had no volume to my speech.
I contemplated ringing the ambulance, but decided to stay calm , breathe deeply and do all the tests the doctors would do to diagnose a stroke. I took an asprin, and lay there slowly trying to regain control. It took 30 minutes, and slowly my strength came back. Was it a panick attack, was it a mini stroke, was it something weird? The CT scan the following morning came back clear, except for a diagnosis of, "normal scan. idiopathic calcification of the basal ganglia.'

Normal, it stated clearly. In fact, it was so normal that my doctor didn't even look at the result, until I brought it up. But when I asked her opinion about it, she didn't have a clue what it was. I have been feeling dizzy, slightly off balance, have aching muscles for 2 years, occasional facial neuropathy, headaches, and strange depression, which I never realy had. I am 52, but the doctors cannot work it out. I should be healthy.

This page will attempt to provide information about this 'rare disease", as I gather data from as many places as possible. It may not be the cause of my present symptoms, but so far in my research, it appears that it will undoubtedly have some effects at one point in my life. If anyone has any information, please add it to the page. Please click on my post headlines to take you direct to the relevant sites.Cheers.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Wilsons Temperature Syndrome and Hypothyroidism

The articles presented on the WTS site are very interesting, to say the least. Hypothyroidism is a major cause of Calcification of the Basal Ganglia, yet finding thyroid problems seems to be subject to a lot of hit and miss diagnosis. Medicos have concluded that the results from the standard Thyroid tests, are not fully reliable, which is a remarkably important suggestion for those who have been found to have brain calcifications. If a patient has performed all the blood work ups and everything has come up "fine", it takes a dedicated team effort to try to find alternative possibilities , especially for this particular obsure disease. Due to lack of knowledge and lack of time, you doctor may not have heard of any further possible thyroid problems, and will find it easier to refer you to a neurologist or an endocronologist, for further testing.
However, ,as is explicitly explained on the Wilson Temperature Syndrome site, Hypothyroidism is still a high possibility, even though the hormone tests suggest all is well.
A simple method of testing by taking your temperature 3 times a day, for a period of time, could give you a better indication if you, in fact, do have possible thyroid misfunction, which can be corrected by following the W3 protocol. I am going to persue this angle, and will follow up, in time, with the results.
For all the information on WTS, please go to http://www.wilsonstemperaturesyndrome.com/, and decide for yourself  if this could be an approach to investigate.

3 comments:

  1. Natural bovine capsules are formulated to relieve your hypothyroidism symptoms and to support specific body function. I really appreciate this product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like toxoplasmosis to me see the rings, I also would be tested for Homochromotosis iron overload which the body goes into if it has infection it goes into defense mode

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most prostate cancers are adenocarcinomas, cancers that arise in glandular cells of the prostate’s epithelial tissue. Prostate cancers usually progress slowly and produce no symptoms in the initial stages. Eventually, the tumor may enlarge like mine too, the prostate gland, pressing on the urethra and causing painful or frequent urination and blood in the urine. So I was so uncomfortable with this prostate cancer diseases then I decided to do online search on how to cure cancer because I well have read a lot about herbal medicine, I came across a lot of testimony how Dr Itua cure HIV/herpes then Cancer was listed below the comment.with courage I contacted Dr Itua and he sent me his herbal medicine through Courier service then I was asked to pick it up at my post office which i quickly did. I contacted Dr Itua that I have received my herbal medicine so he instructed me on how to drink it for three weeks and that is how Dr Itua Herbal Medicine cures my prostate Cancer, The treatment takes three weeks and I was cured completely. Dr Itua is a god sent and I thank him every day of my life. Contact him now On:    Email:drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/   Whatsapp:+2348149277967.
    He listed that he can as well cure the following diseases below.... Cerebral Amides. Lung Cancer,Brain cancer,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors,Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,Sinus cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Meniere's disease , Testicular cancer,Throat cancer,Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer. Alzheimer's disease,Autism,measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria Adrenocortical carcinoma. Alma, Uterine Cancer, Breast Cancer, Allergic diseases. Kidney cancer, Love Spell, Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Generalized dermatitis,Alzheimer's disease,Brain Tumor,Lupus,Endometrial Cancer, cerebrovascular diseases  
    Dementia.Colo rectal cancer, Lottery Spell, Bladder Cancer, Skin Cancer,Ovarian Cancer,Pancreatic Cancer, HIV /Aids,Brain Tumor, Herpes, Non-Hodgkin lymphoma, Inflammatory bowel disease, Copd, Diabetes, Hepatitis  

    ReplyDelete